Sunday, July 10, 2011

3 tips on choosing what you should sell on Craigslist

"What should I sell on Craigslist?"

I began reselling on Craigslist by accident. About two years ago, I had a fairly expensive bicycle that I no longer used, and I was looking for a way to sell it. I originally thought of eBay, but the shipping costs for large items were incredibly expensive.
Per the suggestion of a friend, i decided to post the bike up on Craigslist to see what would happen. It was a success...I sold my bike for only $50 less than I paid for it over 2 years ago! I had expected to get a quarter of what I originally paid for it!

When people ask me how they should get their feet wet in the Craigslist reselling business, I always recommend that they begin by selling items that they no longer use. This helps newbies become acquainted with the Craigslist interface, and allows them to learn how transactions are handled. 

If you don't have anything worth selling at the moment, don't worry. A good idea is to ask friends and neighbors if they have anything they don't use anymore that they would like to get rid of.

Propose to them that you get a percentage of the sale price for taking the pictures, posting the ad, and dealing with buyers.

If you successfully make a sale for someone, ask them if they know anyone else who might have some unwanted items of value that they would like to get rid of. It never ceases to amaze me how much "Stuff" people hold on to that they never even use! Use your imagination when looking for items to sell.

Some of the best people to sell for are family, family friends, and other relatives; especially those who aren't very technically savvy. They get satisfaction from helping you out, along with some extra money for something they no longer used.

What you need to get started:
  • Digital Camera (Or Cell Phone w/good camera)
  • Computer w/ Internet Access
  • Stuff you no longer use to convert to cash.
  • Information from http://Craigs4Profit.Blogspot.com (Frequently Updated)
I've met 12 year olds who have posted their video game consoles on Craigslist and sold them within a few days. With no start up cost and a minimal investment of your time, Craigslist is king for making extra cash.

Godspeed,and stay tuned for more articles!


-Jake B.










No comments:

Post a Comment